Curing Conveyor Oven for the Manufacturing Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation announced the shipment of one (1) Natural Gas Fired Three Zone Curing Conveyor Oven to a leader in metal fabrication. The oven will be used to cure a solvent based adhesive that will be printed on a continuous corrugated aluminum web. The curing oven will be placed in a complete printing line and is designed to handle up to a 24" wide corrugated aluminum web x 0.125" high, weighing up to 1 pound per square foot or less. The adhesive deposition will be up to 300 mg/sq. ft. on the top surface only.
The curing oven has a maximum temperature rating of 300°F and work chamber dimensions of 2’4” W x 25’0” L x 6” H. There are three zones of heat control and each zone is 8’4” L. Zone 3 may be used as a cool down with the recirculation and exhaust blower operating and the burner off. The belt conveyor oven utilizes a stainless steel flat flex belt for thermal efficiency. The recirculation system is configured with top-down airflow which provides uniform heat distribution along the top of the aluminum web and is optimal for an even cure of the applied adhesive.
“With this project we wanted to make sure the oven design would maximize the uniformity of the cure so the three temperature zones and top down airflow were the ideal solution. The zones give the customer the flexibility to adjust their process for the best end result. ” Tom Trueman, Senior Application Engineer of Wisconsin Oven.
Unique features of this three zone industrial conveyor oven include:
- 140° F to 250° F operating range
- One access door per zone for ease of maintenance
- High velocity impingement louvers
- 4,800 CFM plug fan per zone
- Designed for 1,400 feet above sea level
- Exhaust blowers, 750 CFM each, provided on each zone for precise solvent extraction
- Thermal efficient 302 stainless steel flat flex belt
- Adjustable conveyor speed of 15-25 feet per minute
- Direct fired burner per zone (500,000, 200,000, 150,000 BTUH)