Wisconsin Oven Ships Ten Enhanced Duty Walk-In Series Ovens to a Wind Turbine Components Manufacturer
East Troy, WI – January 21, 2017 -- Wisconsin Oven Corporation shipped ten (10) Electrically Heated Enhanced Duty Walk-In Series Ovens, each a Model EWN. The ovens will be used for curing wind turbine components.
The maximum temperature rating for all the ovens is 176°F (80°C). The chamber dimensions are 6’6” W x 4’0” L x 6’0” H. The ovens have combination airflow which provides both horizontal and vertical upward airflow which maximizes heating rates and temperature uniformity of the product. Per the manufacturers request, the ovens required a temperature uniformity of ±2°C, and they actually achieved ±1°C in practice.
The ovens also include a Eurotherm Nanodac paperless digital recorder with 50 MB of flash memory. This feature allows the manufacturer to store 3 months of data at a time.
“We strive to design our equipment to provide the best quality part results for our customers. In this case, we guaranteed a very tight temperature uniformity to help create consistent end results”- Mike Grande, Senior Application Engineer
Unique features of this batch oven include:
- Temperature uniformity of ±1°C
- Digital Eurotherm 3504 programmable temperature controller
- Increased recirculation fan CFM and HP to achieve the guaranteed temperature uniformity
- Additional thermocouple probes inside the ovens
- Increased heating chamber width by 6” to provide clear width of 79” with the doors opening at 90°
- An additional pushbutton station at the front of the oven for operator convenience
- Increased heaters from 8kW to 12kW
The walk-in ovens were fully factory tested and adjusted prior to shipment from our facility. All safety interlocks are checked for proper operation and the equipment is operated at the normal and maximum operating temperatures. An extensive quality assurance check list was completed to ensure the equipment met all Wisconsin Oven quality standards. The industrial conveyor oven is backed by Wisconsin Oven’s Exclusive and Unprecedented 5-Year WOW™ warranty. This warranty covers all materials for all components (less wear items).