Wisconsin Oven Corporation designs and manufactures electrically heated and gas fired pit furnaces. A pit furnace is ideal for solution treatment, tempering and the heating of any densely packed load carried in a cylindrical basket. We offer pit furnace designs for basket diameters to 48" and maximum temperature ratings to 1,400°F.
Wisconsin Oven’s pit furnace is manufactured with 6” insulation sandwiched between a heavy gauge stainless steel liner (stainless steel at 1,250°F and above) and a heavy gauge plate steel exterior. Our pit furnaces utilize high pressure recirculation blowers to force heated air through the load in a vertical, top-down arrangement. This arrangement provides much faster heating than most other conventional furnace designs.
The pit furnace design saves on valuable floor space in comparison to horizontally loaded equipment, which requires space for the swing of the doors and for loading/unloading. It also provides easy loading because the door lifts up and swings completely away from the loading area to avoid damage. Doors are available in either manual or air-operated designs.
Wisconsin Oven’s pit furnaces come with the following features:
- Gas fired or electrically heated
- Temperature ratings up to 1400° F
- High pressure recirculation blower
- Vertical, top-down airflow design
- Heavy duty construction utilizing 6” or 8" insulation
- Manual or air-operated door designs
- FM, NFPA, & NEC compliant
Wisconsin Oven’s pit furnaces are ideal for the following heat treating applications:
- Aluminum solution heat treatment
- Heat treating densely packed loads
- Gas carburizing
- Soldering & Aging
- Many more heat treating applications
Wisconsin Oven pit furnaces offer you the following benefits:
- Faster Heating: High pressure recirculation blower forces the heated air through the load in a vertical, top-down arrangement. A high-suction return duct is located below the load to draw the air through.
- Built to Last: Heavy-duty construction with quality components
- Saves Valuable Floor Space: Top-loading design conserves valuable floor space compared to horizontally loaded furnaces
- Easy To Load: Manual or air-operated door lifts up and swings completely away from the loading area to avoid damage
- Lower Installation & Start-Up Costs: All units are fully factory assembled, tested, adjusted, certified PRIOR to shipment