Composite Curing Oven for Leading Aerospace Manufacturer
Wisconsin Oven Corporation today announced the shipment of a custom designed batch oven used for curing assorted composite materials for a prominent aerospace manufacturer.
The composite curing oven features guaranteed temperature uniformity (it easily exceeded the required +/- 10 @ 500° F) with a data acquisition and control system that provides the customer with the flexibility to modify ramp and soak rates as needed to obtain the best part quality possible.
“This custom composite curing oven for the aerospace industry represents the highest quality designed equipment available and meets the standard of excellence our customer demands,” said Jim Lucas, Senior Sales Engineer of Wisconsin Oven.
The composite cure oven is backed by Wisconsin Oven’s Exclusive and Unprecedented 5-Year WOW™ warranty.
Unique features of this composite curing oven (Batch8/12/8-E) include:
- An upgraded recirculation system to enhance the temperature uniformity inside the work chamber, as well as provide more aggressive heating and cooling rates of the products inside the chamber.
- An upgraded exhaust blower system to allow the oven to operate and be controlled at temperatures closer to ambient.
- Motorized dampers on the fresh air inlet and the exhaust outlet to allow the oven to be controlled at a specified ramp down (cooling) rate.
- Custom designed floor to fit inside the customer’s pit below the oven chamber.
- Specialized data acquisition and control system to allow the oven chamber temperature to be controlled either by the leading, lagging, or the average of the part temperature(s) before progressing to the next segment. Any or all of the thermocouples can be recorded.
Ref # 5451A