Curing Batch Oven for the Automotive Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation announced the shipment of a walk-in batch oven used for curing coatings on lighting products for the automotive industry. Many automobile manufacturers and aftermarket accessory manufacturers offer lighting products to be used in conjunction with the original equipment like fog lights which are usually mounted low to the ground on the front of vehicles. Many off-road vehicles have auxiliary lighting which can be mounted on roll-bars, fenders, or other locations, and offer brilliant lighting to assist in areas of poor visibility. The coatings on the reflective side of lighting products need to be as dust free as possible. This curing oven provides fresh air filtering to mitigate dust particles from contaminating the product. In order to increase production in the limited production space a large cool-down blower was provided.
The electrically heated walk-in oven has a maximum temperature rating of 650°F and a work chamber of 4’W x 4’L x 5’H. The batch oven features guaranteed temperature uniformity (+/-15°F at 599° F) which was verified through a nine (9) point profile test prior to shipment. The oven is designed with combination air flow which provides both horizontal and vertical upward airflow. This air flow design maximizes heating rates and temperature uniformity of the product. The adjustable ductwork can be set for optimum air flow efficiencies.
“In order to increase the production rate for our customer in their limited production space we designed the curing batch oven with a large 4,000 CFM quick cool-down blower. The batch oven also has fresh air filtering with 99.97% efficiency HEPA filters that is able to process 4,000 CFM of fresh air for cooling.” Elwyn Jones, Sales Engineer of Wisconsin Oven.
Unique features of this batch oven include:
- 4,000CFM cool-down blower for quick cool-down
- Reinforced insulated floor (2” thick) with wheel guides
- Exhaust blowers and fresh air filtering equipment are remote mounted in the room above the oven installation due to low ceiling heights
- Oven doors on front and rear of oven to allow pass-thru from coating room to clean room. The load end of the oven will protrude thru a wall into the coating room.
- Auxiliary temperature display to monitor temperature on coating room side of oven.