Multi-Zone Conveyor Oven for the Oil and Gas Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation announced the shipment of a custom designed multi-zone conveyor oven for melting high temperature polymer into a steel ring that houses electronic components. The conveyor oven features four independent heating zones that allow the customer to re-arrange the oven in various configurations to obtain their desired heating zone lengths. The belt conveyor oven is capable of processing 25 parts per hour. The steel rings are loaded on the conveyor belt 2 rows wide for a heating time of 48 minutes.
The electrically heated multi-zone conveyor oven has a maximum temperature rating of 450°C and utilizes a top-down airflow configuration that delivers the air over the full width and length of the heating chamber. The ductwork is adjustable so it can be set for optimum air flow efficiencies. The customer requested a guaranteed temperature uniformity of +/-10° which was verified through a nine (9) point profile test prior to shipment.
“This conveyor oven design gave our customer the flexibility of multiple zone configurations. This solution enabled our customer to maximize their production rate by obtaining the optimal heating zone lengths.” Tom Trueman, Senior Application Engineer of Wisconsin Oven.
Unique features of this multi-zone belt conveyor oven include:
- Four (4) independent heating zones
- A cool down zone that utilizes a 1,500 CFM propeller fan to cool parts
- The ability to re-arrange the zones in any order
- Oven sections can be added or removed and the oven maintains full function in each heating section
- Adjustable conveyor speed with digital display
- Eurotherm 3504 temperature controller with Ethernet communications
- 7-Day Timer for each heating zone to automatically start-up and shutdown the equipment