Wisconsin Oven Manufactures Aluminum Age Oven for the Aerospace Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation manufactured an indirect gas fire aluminum aging oven to an automotive and aerospace parts manufacturer. This batch oven will be used for aging aluminum exterior components for aircraft engines. The age oven, when preheated, has sufficient capability to heat 7,000 pounds of aluminum and 15,000 pounds of steel load car and fixturing (including weight of the multiple-level racks to support the stacked lip skins) from 70°F to 375°F within a 2-hour period.
The work chamber of this aluminum aging oven is 17'0" wide x 17'0" deep x 11'5" high and the maximum operating temperature rating is 500°F. The customer required guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±5°F at set points of 200°F, 375°F, and 400°F to ensure the oven would meet AMS 2750E, Class 1 furnaces and Instrumentation Type A. The recirculation system utilizes combination airflow to maximize heating rates and temperature uniformity of the product.
“This oven was engineered with an indirect gas fired design, where the burners fire through a tube style heat exchanger. This design was necessary to prevent the products of combustion from mixing with the recirculated airstream.” Mike Grande, VP of Sales & Engineering
Unique features of this industrial oven include:
- Guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±5°F at set points 200°F, 375°F, and 400°F verified through a forty (40) point profile test
- Meets AMS 2750E, Class 1 furnaces and Instrumentation Type A
- Programmable temperature controller with “guaranteed soak” feature and Ethernet capabilities
- Insulated floor to ensure temperature uniformity
- Modulating damper to allow operation at the minimum temperature
- Powered load car to carry parts to the oven
- Indirect gas fired burner system
This indirect gas fired aluminum age oven was fully factory tested and adjusted prior to shipment from our facility. All safety interlocks are checked for proper operation and the equipment is operated at the normal and maximum operating temperatures. An extensive quality assurance check list was completed to ensure the equipment met all Wisconsin Oven quality standards. This equipment is backed by Wisconsin Oven’s Exclusive and Unprecedented 3-Year WOW™ warranty (parts only).