Wisconsin Oven Ships Aluminum Aging Oven to the Aerospace Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation shipped an electrically heated aluminum aging oven to an aerospace parts manufacturer. This will be the third industrial oven supplied to this customer by Wisconsin Oven. This SWH series batch oven will replace an antiquated oven at the customer’s facility that was having difficulties meeting AMS 2750E Class 2 specifications.
The work chamber of this aging oven is 6’0” W x 8’0” H x 8’0” L and the maximum temperature rating is 344°C (650°F). The customer required guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±5°C (±9° F) at set points 154°C (309°F), 227°C (440°F), and 330°C (626°F) to ensure the oven would meet AMS 2750E, Class 2 furnaces and Instrumentation Type D specifications. The age oven is constructed with tongue and groove panel assemblies that feature Wisconsin Oven’s patented high efficiency panel seams and provide 25% better insulating efficiency. The recirculation system utilizes combination airflow to maximize heating rates and temperature uniformity of the product.
“Due to Wisconsin Oven’s ability to consistently provide equipment with superb temperature uniformity and reliability, this customer has ordered three ovens for their facility from us.” David Burke, Torrid Enterprises, Sales Representative
Unique features of this industrial oven include:
- Guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±5°C (±9° F) at set points 154°C (309°F), 227°C (440°F), and 330°C (626°F)
- Meets AMS 2750E, Class 2 furnaces and Instrumentation Type D specifications
- 15,500 CFM @ 15 HP recirculation blower
- 132 kW heating system with SCR power control
- Yokogawa UP 550 programmable temperature control
- NEMA 12 control cabinet with main line disconnect
- 6” insulated panel walls and ¾” plate floor
- Bi parting swing doors at the front of the oven