Wisconsin Oven Ships Belt Conveyor Oven to a Leader in the Forging Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation announced the shipment of one (1) natural gas-fired conveyor oven to a leader in the forging industry. This conveyor oven will be used as a preheating oven for aluminum billets.
This belt conveyor oven has sufficient capability to heat 3,000 pounds per hour of aluminum from 70° F to 950° F, as long as the workload is configured in a manner that is capable of absorbing the heat that is generated within the time available. This preheating conveyor oven has a maximum temp of 1,000° F with guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±10° F at 950° F
The work chamber of this conveyor oven is 3'6" wide x 25'0" long x 1’0" high. The continuous oven was designed with both top-down and bottom-up airflow to maximize heating rates and temperature uniformity of the part load configuration. The conveyor system utilizes a stainless steel flat wire belt and a variable frequency drive provides adjustable speed control.
“This belt conveyor oven utilizes a chain style curtain to minimize heat spill out which increases operator comfort and reduces wasted energy.” -Gene Vetter, Senior Applications Engineer
Unique features of this preheating conveyor oven include:
- Digital Eurotherm 3204 temperature controller with fast-acting auto-tune function
- Digital Watlow PM6L oven high limit controller
- Honeywell Model 7800 flame relay with integral purge timer
- Two (2) 24,000 CFM @ 20 HP recirculation blowers (48,000 CFM total)
- Allen-Bradley PowerFlex variable frequency drive provides adjustable conveyor speed
- Chain style curtains are located at both ends of the conveyor to reduce heat spill-out.