Wisconsin Oven Ships Electrically Heated Standard Horizontal Quench System to the Defense Industry
Wisconsin Oven is pleased to announce the shipment of one (1) Electrically Heated Standard Horizontal Quench System. This oven will be used for the solution treatment and aging of aluminum.
The maximum temperature for this oven is 1,100°F and the normal temperature is 985°F. The overall dimensions are 14’6”W x 17’6”H x 27’0”L, while the interior chamber dimensions are 7’0”W x 3’6”H x 3’0”L. The system’s walls and ceiling feature “CAN” style construction and include 6 inches of insulation.
This system features a maximum 7-second quench delay. Click on this link to watch a video of this system in operation.
“This Horizontal Quench System was designed to the most exacting specifications for the client’s intended process and limited floor space footprint available. In addition to the client’s internal specifications, the system was proven to be in compliance with AMS 2750F pyrometry requirements for class 2 furnaces prior to and after shipment from our manufacturing facility.”
– Doug Christiansen, Senior Application Engineer
Unique features of this horizontal quench furnace include:
- Two-stage quench medium filter alarm
- Pneumatically operated quench elevator
- Interior cast alloy wheel rails
- Reversible electric motor (with motor encoder) for the load pusher/extractor
- Vertical lift electrically operated door (with motor encoder)
- 15,000 CFM @ 15 HP plug-mounted blower
- 10” HMI screen with swing arm pendant (to allow operators better line of sight of automated functionality)
- OSHA compliant railings and ladder for roof access
- Digital Eurotherm 6180A touch screen recorder with Batch functionality (with low voltage calibration access to recording inputs)
- Lift system utilized for manual loading and unloading to and from the system quench tank