Wisconsin Oven Ships Horizontal Quench Solution Treat System to a Supplier of the Aerospace Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation announced the shipment of one (1) Electrically Heated Horizontal Quench Solution Treat System to a supplier of the Aerospace industry.
The Horizontal Quench Solution Treat System has a maximum oven operating temperature of 1,200° F and work zone dimensions of 5’4" wide x 5’6" long x 5’4" high (above the rollers). Guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±5° F at set points of 250° F & 550° F and ±10° F at set points of 980° F & 1,100° F was documented with a nine (9) point temperature uniformity survey in an empty oven chamber under static operating conditions in accordance with AMS 2750E.
This horizontal quench system was designed to heat a 565-pound gross load, consisting of a mixture of aluminum and steel, to 1,000° F operating temperature, provide a soak at temperature, and then quickly move the load into a quench tank. A powered pusher/extractor is used to load and unload the oven. A pneumatically operated lift system lowers and raises the load for quenching. This system achieved a quench time from the time the oven door starts to open until the load is fully submerged of less than 9 seconds.
“The Horizontal Quench System is a cost-saving alternative to Drop Bottom Systems and results in a quicker ROI. It may actually take up less total floorspace than some Drop Bottom Systems of the same chamber volume.” – Gary Hanson, Senior Application Engineer
Unique features of this solution treat system include:
- Quench time that will not exceed 10 seconds from the time the door starts to open until the load is fully submerged
- Motorized pusher/extractor to charge and discharge the load
- Pneumatically operated quench tank lift system to lower/raise the load
- Chiller system to lower quench tank temperature back to 80°F after a load has been quenched
- Sequence control performed by an Allen-Bradley CompactLogix processor (programmed with Studio 5000 software) with a PanelView Plus 7 standard 10” HMI
- Eurotherm programmable digital controller with 2 loops of control, one for the oven and one for the quench tank
This horizontal quench system was fully factory tested and adjusted prior to shipment from our facility. All safety interlocks were checked for proper operation and the equipment was operated at the normal and maximum operating temperatures. An extensive quality assurance check list was completed to ensure the equipment met all Wisconsin Oven quality standards.