Wisconsin Oven Ships Horizontal Quench System to Aluminum Supplier
Wisconsin Oven Corporation shipped two (2) electrically heated standard horizontal quench systems to an aluminum manufacturer. The systems are designed for the solution treatment of aluminum. Each of the horizontal quench systems are designed to heat 1,000 pounds of aluminum to a 950°F operating temperature. Once the loads are heated to the operating temperature they will soak at temperature, and then be rapidly lowered into the quench tank in less than 10 seconds from the time the door starts to open until the load is fully submerged.
The aluminum solution treating systems are each designed for a load size of 4'0" wide x 4'0" high x 4'0" long and have qualified operating temperature ranges of 775° F and 1,075º F. The customer required guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±10°F at 775° F and 1,075º F to ensure the furnace would meet AMS 2750E, Class 2 furnaces and Instrumentation Type C requirements. The systems utilize PLC process control with HMI operator interface.
“Wisconsin Oven’s horizontal quench systems have the capacity to process loads up to 6,000 pounds with quench times as low as 7 seconds. This makes them ideal for solution treating a range of aluminum products.” -Doug Christiansen, Applications Engineer
Unique features of these horizontal quench systems include:
- Guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±10°F at set points of 775° F and 1,075° F verified by a nine (9) point profile test
- Meets AMS 2750E, Class 2 furnaces and Instrumentation Type C requirements
- 12-gauge, 304 stainless steel plate quench tank shell with 15° F quench tank temperature rise design, and heat input capability to maintain 140° F tank water temperature
- Electrically-operated oven/quench pusher load/unload mechanism
- One (1) vertical lift, electrically-operated door
- Allen-Bradley CompactLogix™ PLC, 10" PanelView™ Color HMI, and programmable recipe temperature controllers with Ethernet capabilities