Wisconsin Oven Ships Powder Coating Conveyor Oven to a Supplier of the Oil and Gas Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation announced the shipment of one (1) natural gas-fired conveyor oven to a supplier of the oil and gas industry. This conveyor oven will be used for the preheating and powder coating of couplings.
This conveyor oven has sufficient capability to heat 1,000 pounds per hour of steel parts from 70° F to 1000° F, provided that the workload is configured in a manner that is capable of absorbing the heat that is generated within the time available. The powder coating conveyor oven has a maximum temp of 1,000° F with guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±10° F at 1000° F
The work chamber of this conveyor oven is 2'0" wide x 10'0" long x 1’2" high and was designed with bottom-up airflow to maximize heating rates and temperature uniformity of the part load configuration. A roller chain conveyor system with cross flight attachments was utilized to transport the product through the system and a variable frequency drive provides adjustable speed control. Fabric ribbon curtains are located at both ends of the conveyor to prevent heat spill out.
“This conveyor oven will be used for both preheating and powder coating parts, so it was important to provide design features to handle both applications. One of those features is an Allen-Bradley variable frequency drive that allows the operator to adjust the conveyor speed based on the application or part being processed.”
-Gene Vetter, Senior Applications Engineer
Unique features of this powder coating conveyor oven include:
- Digital Eurotherm 3204 temperature controller with fast-acting auto-tune function
- Digital Watlow PM6L oven high limit controller
- Honeywell Model 7800 flame relay with integral purge timer
- 13,000 CFM @ 15 HP plug mounted blower
- Allen-Bradley PowerFlex variable frequency drive provides adjustable conveyor speed
- Fabric ribbon curtains are located at both ends of the conveyor to reduce heat spill-out.