Wisconsin Oven Ships Soluble Mandrel Curing Oven to Aerospace Industry
Wisconsin Oven Corporation announced the shipment of one (1) Electrically Heated Soluble Mandrel Curing Oven to a manufacturer in the aerospace industry.
The curing oven has a maximum oven operating temperature of 400°F and work chamber dimensions of 12’0” wide x 12’0" long x 20’0" high. Guaranteed temperature uniformity of ±10°F at set points 150°, 200°, 250°, 300°, 350°, and 400°F was documented with a fifteen (15) point temperature uniformity survey in an empty oven chamber under static operating conditions.
This batch oven has sufficient capacity to heat 8,000 pounds of steel and 20,000 pounds of soluble material from 80° to 350°F at an average rate of 0.1° F per minute. To maximize heating rates and temperature uniformity of the product, horizontal and vertical upward airflow were featured in this oven.
“Our ability to customize our standard lines of equipment is part of the reason we have so many repeat customers. They know that we will be able to meet all of their requirements and that our quality and customer service is unbeatable.” – Nick Toci, Sales Engineer
Unique features of this soluble mandrel curing oven include:
- Temperature uniformity of ±10°F at 150°, 200°, 250°, 300°, 350°, and 400°F
- Two 11,000 CFM @ 10 HP plug mounted blowers, 22,000 CFM @ 20 HP total
- 576 kW heat input with SCR power control
- 3,100 CFM @ 1.5 HP exhaust blower
- Bi-parting, side-hinged, horizontal swing doors
- Digital Eurotherm 3504 temperature controller
- Eurotherm 6100A paperless digital recorder with 5.5” graphic touch screen display
- Ethernet communication capabilities
This batch oven was fully factory tested and adjusted prior to shipment from our facility. All safety interlocks were checked for proper operation and the equipment was operated at the normal and maximum operating temperatures. An extensive quality assurance check list was completed to ensure the equipment met all Wisconsin Oven quality standards.