Wisconsin Oven Ships Ten Enhanced Duty Walk-In Series Ovens to a Wind Turbine Components Manufacturer
East Troy, WI – January 21, 2017 -- Wisconsin Oven Corporation shipped ten (10) Electrically Heated Enhanced Duty Walk-In Series Ovens, each a Model EWN. The ovens will be used for curing wind turbine components.
The maximum temperature rating for all the ovens is 176°F (80°C). The chamber dimensions are 6’6” W x 4’0” L x 6’0” H. The ovens have combination airflow which provides both horizontal and vertical upward airflow which maximizes heating rates and temperature uniformity of the product. Per the manufacturers request, the ovens required a temperature uniformity of ±2°C, and they actually achieved ±1°C in practice.
The ovens also include a Eurotherm Nanodac paperless digital recorder with 50 MB of flash memory. This feature allows the manufacturer to store 3 months of data at a time.
“We strive to design our equipment to provide the best quality part results for our customers. In this case, we guaranteed a very tight temperature uniformity to help create consistent end results”- Mike Grande, Senior Application Engineer
Unique features of this batch oven include:
- Temperature uniformity of ±1°C
- Digital Eurotherm 3504 programmable temperature controller
- Increased recirculation fan CFM and HP to achieve the guaranteed temperature uniformity
- Additional thermocouple probes inside the ovens
- Increased heating chamber width by 6” to provide clear width of 79” with the doors opening at 90°
- An additional pushbutton station at the front of the oven for operator convenience
- Increased heaters from 8kW to 12kW