Composite Curing Ovens
A composite curing oven is used to cure, anneal, dry and harden synthetic and composite materials. Carbon fiber, polymers, rubbers, and textiles are common composite materials. The curing process for these composite materials frequently includes bagging and putting them under a vacuum while being cured. Each composite curing application is unique and Wisconsin Oven's experienced team designs and manufactures high performance composite curing ovens to meet each customers’ specific curing process requirements.
These out of autoclave composite curing ovens are available electrically heated, gas fired, or indirect gas fired. As a standard they are designed with a combination airflow arrangement which ensures even & uniform heat distribution throughout the work chamber and provides quicker heating rates and recovery times. Wisconsin Oven’s composite curing ovens are typically guaranteed and certified for ±10° at 350° F temperature uniformity but tighter tolerances and certification at other temperatures are available.
Wisconsin Oven's out of autoclave composite curing ovens are completely tested prior to shipment and must pass an extensive quality inspection prior to shipment. Common options for a composite curing system include data acquisition instruments, vacuum piping, pumps and transducers. One of the ways Wisconsin Oven gathers data, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis (which allows us to optimize airflow, heat transfer, and overall oven performance), is also available upon request.
- 100 Standard Sizes (Custom sizes to meet your specific composite curing needs are available)
- Gas Fired, Indirect Gas Fired or Electrically Heated
- Maximum temperature rating - 500° F
- 650, 800, 1000° F optional temperature ratings
- Heavy duty construction with quality components
- Excellent temperature uniformity & heating rates. Composite curing ovens are typically guaranteed a +/- 10° at 350°F temperature uniformity. Tighter tolerances are also available.
- Factory adjusted and tested PRIOR to shipment
- Unprecedented & Exclusive 3 Year Warranty!
Composite Curing: Composites are a reinforcing fiber in a polymer matrix that commonly needs to be cured to set the matrix. Many industries have realized the benefits of composites such as transportation, construction, marine, infrastructure, and aerospace. Companies in the aerospace and automotive industries are using composite materials to help make their products lighter, faster, and more fuel-efficient.
- Quicker Heating Rates and Recovery Times: using a high pressure recirculation blower to deliver heat through a combination airflow arrangement to ensure uniform heat distribution throughout the work chamber.
- Consistent Temperature Certification: Typically guaranteed and certified for ±10° at 350° F temperature uniformity prior to shipment. Lower Installation & Start-Up Costs because all units are fully factory assembled, tested, adjusted, and certified PRIOR to shipment through an extensive quality inspection.