Nitrogen Atmosphere Tempering, Annealing and Stress Relieving Furnaces (SDB Series)
Wisconsin Oven’s venerable (SDB Series) draw batch furnaces are known throughout the industry for their ruggedness, performance, and value. The furnace line is offered in a low-oxygen version, using a nitrogen cover gas, high-performance seals, and water-to-atmosphere cooling system, that offers the same high quality, and is designed for users that require a reduced level of oxidation of their parts. This system protects parts from oxidation using a non-reactive gas such as nitrogen or argon. These ovens are also covered under the same 3-year warranty WOW as our non-atmosphere design, and will provide an oxygen level of 3% or lower.
The Nitrogen Atmosphere line of SDBs are available in 10 standard sizes with custom sizes available, electrically heated, in 4 temperature ranges. There are 4 standard maximum temperature ratings offered, 800°F (425°C), 1000°F (540°C), 1250°F (675°C), and 1400°F (760°C). These atmosphere SDB furnaces are designed to accept the most common heat treat oven baskets and load sizes.
Wisconsin Oven’s N2 Atmosphere furnaces are designed with heavy-duty construction that includes a plate steel outer shell, reinforced steel plate oven front, lined inner shell, and exterior structural reinforcements as required. The equipment can be designed to meet the most stringent standards to meet customer requirements (i.e. AMS-2750, AMS-2770, or BAC-5621, to name a few).
All atmosphere furnaces are fully factory tested, adjusted and certified by extensive quality inspection, and operated under a nitrogen atmosphere PRIOR to shipment, which results in lower installation and start-up costs.
The Wisconsin Oven’s nitrogen atmosphere SDB line of tempering furnaces feature:
- Non-settling batt type insulation
- Electrically heated
- Sealed penetrations, double door gasketing with compression clamps, and continuously welded outer shell to minimize oxygen contamination of the furnace atmosphere
- Combination airflow through the work chamber
- FM, NFPA, GE GAP, & NEC compliant
- Maximum temperature ratings up to 1,400° F (760° C)
- High-pressure air distribution ducts
- Heavy-duty exterior plate construction
- Corrosion-resistant aluminized or stainless steel interior (depending upon model)
- Air operated vertical lift door
- Pier rail hearth
- Standard hearth rated at 2,000 lbs
- Main power disconnect switch
- NEMA 12 controls
- 480/3/60 power supply (other voltages available)
Wisconsin Oven’s nitrogen atmosphere batch furnaces are commonly used for the following applications:
- Stress Relieving
Wisconsin Oven’s nitrogen atmosphere SDB line of draw batch furnaces provide you with premium quality and the following benefits:
- Oxygen level of 3% or lower
- Heavy-duty construction with quality components
- Standard sizes to match most heat treat lines
- High capacity recirculation blower for outstanding uniformity & heating rates
- Available with pier, roller, wheel-rail, or skid rail hearths
- Chain guides, charge cars and quench tanks also available
- Available with our exclusive Energy Efficient E-Pack™ oven upgrade
- Fully adjusted and factory tested, under nitrogen, PRIOR to shipment to reduce installation and start-up times
- Shipped completely piped, wired, fully tested and certified (as required)