Web Dryers & Strip Cure Ovens
Wisconsin Oven manufactures industrial web dryers and strip cure ovens for processing steel, aluminum, plastic, or paper as a continuous web after a pretreatment, coating, or paint is applied. An industrial oven, also known as a dryer, is used to cure the coating on the web using convection technology, where heat energy is transferred to the product through high velocity forced air. Pressurized duct plenums are typically located above and below the web to direct heated air onto the web through regularly spaced louvers. If the material hangs at a catenary as it travels through the dryer, the ducts are designed to follow the catenary to optimize heat transfer. The ducts can also be vertically adjustable to allow final adjustments and fine-tuning during commissioning of the equipment at the final job site.
Wisconsin Oven web dryers utilize multiple zones of control, for both the recirculation and heat, for accurate temperature control under changing conditions. Each zone can be operated at different temperatures to provide optimum cure and maximize line speed. Each zone typically includes its own separate exhaust port, to insure dilution of all solvents and fumes released during the heating process.
Since web processing often involves material traveling at speeds of 400 FPM or more, there can be a high volume of solvents released, and the exhaust from the oven may need to be processed through a fume incinerator (thermal oxidizer) to eliminate the VOC’s. Solvent monitors (LEL detectors) are often used to reduce the risk of fire due to a solvent overload condition. Continuously monitoring the solvent level will provide a more fuel efficient operation, by minimizing the exhaust rate without compromising safety.
NOTE: Wisconsin Oven does not manufacture flotation ovens.
The web dryers and strip cure ovens offer premium quality and performance.
- Heavy duty construction
- Customized design to meet your process requirements
- Available in all heat types
- Temperature ranges up to 1,400° F
- NEMA 12 control panel, fully wired & tested with digital temperature control
- Supply ducts are designed to follow the shape of the catenary to optimize heat transfer
- Multiple zones of control for accurate temperature control under changing conditions
- Airflow arrangement to optimize airflow efficiencies and temperature uniformity
- FM, NFPA, & NEC compliant
Wisconsin Oven’s industrial web dryers and strip cure ovens are used for a variety of curing applications. Some of these applications include:
- Varnish curing
- Wet paint curing
- Epoxy curing
- Curing of many other coatings
Wisconsin Oven web dryers provides the following benefits:
- Heavy duty construction with quality components
- Solvent detection to reduce energy consumption
- Fume incinerators can be provided to meet EPA standards
- Available in all heat types
- Multiple recirculation and heat zones for accurate temperature control
- High efficiency construction reduces operating costs
- High volume airflow provides excellent uniformity and heating rates
- Fully adjusted and factory tested PRIOR to shipment to reduce installation and start-up times
- We can work closely with material handling suppliers of your choice for ease of installation